Links related to data on organic agriculture
Eurostat data tables on organic farming
- epp.EUROSTAT.ec.europa.eu: Statistical database including organic farming statistics . Go to > Data Navigation Tree > > Database by themes > > > Agriculture, forestry and fisheries > > > > Organic farming
- epp.EUROSTAT.ec.europa.eu: Map organic farming in Europe
- EPP.Eurostat.ec.europa.eu: Organic farming statistics — setting higher standards
Data of the FiBL-IFOAM survey on organic agriculture worldwide
- Organic-World.net: Data tables
FAOSTAT data tables
- EC.Europa.eu: Eurostat's Metadata Server RAMON , with links to key European classifications
- EC.Europa.eu: PRODCOM List 2013, Metadata
PRODCOM is the title of the EU production statistics for Mining, Quarrying and Manufacturing, i.e. Sections B and C of the Statistical Classification of Economic Activities in the European Community (NACE Rev. 2). The title comes from the French "PRODuction COMmunautaire" (Community production).
- EC.Europa.eu: Statistical Classification of Products by Activity in the European Economic Community, 2008 version (CPA 2008)
The CPA is the European version of the CPC, and the purposes it serves are in line with those of the CPC. Whilst the CPC is merely a recommended classification, however, the CPA is legally binding in the European Community. In addition, the specific survey classifications were and are linked to the CPA unless the CPA is itself used as a survey classification.
- EC.Europa.eu: Combined Nomenclature, 2014
The Combined Nomenclature is the goods classification used within the EU for the purposes of foreign trade statistics. It is also used by Directorate General "Taxation and Customs Union" of the European Commission for customs duty purposes. The classification is maintained by Eurostat for the statistical aspects and by Taxation and Customs Union DG for the tariff aspects.
The classification is based on the Harmonized System (HS) which it sub-divides where necessary for purposes of external trade, agricultural regulation and customs duties. The CN was introduced in 1988 together with the HS. Subheadings in the CN are identified by means of an eight-digit numerical code. The very considerable number of subdivisions within the CN were introduced with the EU's specific customs and foreign trade statistics requirements in mind. The CN is revised annually and, as a Council Regulation, is binding on the Member States. It appears in all EU official languages (except Irish).
Organic-World.net: Further classifications and definitions
Related European research projects
European information system for organic markets (EISfOM)
- Running from 2003-2006
- organic-research.org/eisfom.html: Project website
- Cordis.lu: European information system for organic markets (EISfOM)
- Orgprints.org: Project publications
Further development of Organic Farming Policy in Europe, with Particular Emphasis on EU Enlargement (EU-CEE-OFP)
- Running from2003-2006
- www.uni-hohenheim.de/i410a/EUCEEOFP: Project website
- Cordis.lu: Further development of Organic Farming Policy in Europe, with Particular Emphasis on EU Enlargement (EU-CEE-OFP)
- OrgPrints.org: Project publications
Organic Marketing Initiatives and Rural Development (OMIaRD)
- Running from 2001-2003
- Uni-Kassel.de: Profile of the OMIARD project
- Cordis.lu: OMIARD
- OrgPrints.org: Project publications
Effects of the CAP-reform and possible further developments on organic farming in the EU
- EC.Europa.eu: Effects of the CAP Reform and possible further developments on organic farming within the EU
- cordis.lu: Entry in the Cordis Database
- orgprints.org: Project publications
Organic-Europe.net: Addresses related to organic farming in Europe .
Organic-Market.info: Addresses related to organic farming in Europe, focussing on markets and trade.